The Music to Your Mouth Festival is coming November 15 to 18 at Palmetto Bluff and is aiming to be a collaborative and charitable sensory experience with Southern cuisine.
As proof of its aims, event organizers tout the list of chefs, brewers, vintners, farmers, and artisans participating in the event.
“It is wonderful to see folks from all of the country come together for a week to celebrate all that the South has to offer and give back to those in need at the same time,” says Event Director Courtney Hampson. “Last year we were able to give more than $10,000 to Second Helpings to feed over 250,000 locals in Southeastern South Carolina.”
This year, Music To Your Mouth will continue its philanthropic tradition, donating a portion of the ticket sales directly to Second Helpings, a non-profit that has “rescued” more than five million pounds of food destined for landfills and provided that food to over 65 other non-profit agencies in South Carolina.
Guests will rub shoulders with industry leaders including:
- John T Edge, Director of the Southern Foodways Alliance
- Sean Brock, McCrady’s and Husk
- Hugh Acheson, Five & Ten and The National
- Allan Benton, Benton’s Country Ham
- Ashley Christensen, Poole’s Diner
- John Currence, City Grocery
- Craig Deihl, Cypress
- Kevin Gillespie, Woodfire Grill
- Jasmine Hirsch, Hirsch Vineyards
- Chris Hastings, Hot and Hot Fish Club
- Linton Hopkins, Restaurant Eugene
- Drew Robinson, Jim ‘N Nick’s Bar-B-Q
- Julian P. Van Winkle, Old Rip Van Winkle Distillery
As well, several local favorites will participate:
- Orchid Paulmeier, One Hot Mamas and The Lodge ~ Hilton Head Island
- Sally Ann Robinson, Chef and Author ~ Gullah Cuisine & Culture
This is the sixth year that Palmetto Bluff has hosted “Music To Your Mouth” pairing live entertainment with celebrity cooking demonstrations and the best food and wine the South has to offer.
The festival offers several ways for guests and others to share their culinary experience via social media. There is a "MTYM mobile app" that will keep users apprised of schedules and news. The event will be tweeting from @Palmetto Bluff and the public is encouraged to use the hash tag #MTYM. As well, the event team actively posts updates on the festival's Facebook page.
Events and prices vary throughout the festival, for details visit the ticket page on the festival's website.