Flickr user grobbo
(Updated September 30: It starts today! )
The Beaufort Shrimp Festival is back on Friday, September 30, and Saturday, October 1.
Oddball highlight of the 17th annual fest is the attendance of Vanna White. White is set to be at the Shrimp Festival on Saturday from 2 to 4 p.m. to sign autographs and promoting the Wheel of Fortune S.C. Lottery Tickets.
(No word on if you'll be able to catch here chowing down on shrimp.)
Here's the full breakdown of the events during the two days at Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park in downtown Beaufort. The event has free admission.
- Craft Market opens at noon
- School tours 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Food and Beverage booths open at 6 p.m.
- Some seven local restaurants will be selling food
- Dance your Shrimp Tails off with Deas Guyz from 6 – 10 p.m.
- 5K Run, Walk, Popcorn Shrimp Run 8 a.m. (register here)
- Sea Island Rotary Club' sCharity Shrimp Race to win $1 million at noon (details)
Saturday all day events starting at 11 a.m.
- Craft Market
- Children's Area
- Fresh S.C. wild caught shrimp sold off working shrimp boats
- Fifteen local restaurants serving wild caught local shrimp and other items
- Restaurant competition
- Live entertainment
- Shrimp heading competition
- Children's shrimp peeling competition
When you're out there, snap a photo and send it to email@example.com to be featured.