Image by Me
American Craft Beer Week continues pouring through Charleston this Thursday at 7 p.m. as Laura Alberts Tasteful Options puts on a Brooklyn Brewery beer dinner featuring its co-founder, Steve Hindy.
On the heels of a successful beer dinner with Dogfish Head's Sam Calagione, Laura Alberts Tasteful Options has secured another big name in craft beer for this one. Steve Hindy's previous gig was as an Associated Press reporter covering the Middle East. So naturally, his next career move was partner with ex-banker Tom Potter to start Brooklyn Brewery in 1987. Fast-forward 23 years and they are among the top 40 breweries in the U.S. (by production).
Here's the menu for Thursday:
- Reception - (bottomless) Brooklyn Summer Ale
- I - Johns Island Arugula Salad with Spicy Pickled Jicama, Red Onion and Aged White Balsamic Vinaigrette vs. Brooklyn Local 1
- II - Maple Leaf Duck Confit infused with Local 2 brine, 3-Cheese Grits & Red Eye Gravy vs. Brooklyn Local 2
- III - Spinach & Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed Flounder wrapped in Smoked Bacon, Manchego Potato Au Gratin & Hopfen-Weisse compounded butter vs. Brooklyner -Schneider Hopfen-Weisse
- IV - Caramelized Fruit atop Chocolate Stout Crumb Topping with Chocolate Infused Cream vs. Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout
Laura Alberts is located at 891 Island Park Drive in Daniel Island. Dinner is $45 + tax & tip, and is scheduled to last until 10 p.m. Call (843) 881-4711 for reservations.