Image by Provided
Join Chef Andrew Venable of The Ocean Room at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for the next South Carolina Aquarium Sustainable Seafood Dinner taking place March 14.
Chef Andrew is putting together a five course menu that will feature hand-picked local and sustainable ingredients for the meal which will be paired with wines from around the world.
- Charleston flounder crudo, citrus gels, local radish, verjus vinaigrette paired with Jean Claude Thevenet, Blanc de Blancs Brut, Bourgogone
- Folly Beach little neck clams, blood orange, black garlic, sea salt focaccia crisp paired with Spreitzer "Winkeler Jesuitengarten" Spatlese, Rheingau 2010
- Saffron poached black sea bass, red quinoa, charred spring onion, smoked Mepkin Abbey Shiitake mushroom broth paired with Chateau Thivin, Cote de Brouilly 2010
- Cherry Point swordfish, frekkah, sweet onion soubise, puffed shrimp chips, roasted chicken veloute paired with Melville Estate Pinot Noir, Sana Rita Hills 2010
- Coconut madelines, passion fruit caviar, pineapple granite, seaweed-lavender tuile paired with Merkelbach "Urziger Wurzgarten" Spatlese #19 2011
Named a Forbes 4 Star and AAA 4 Diamond restaurant, The Ocean Room not only offers amazing food and service, but also a warm atmosphere and unparalleled views of the Atlantic Ocean. A representative from the South Carolina Aquarium's Sustainable Seafood Program will also be available to talk to guests about the courses, seafood sustainability, and tips on buying and serving fresh fish.
The dinner is $98 for the five courses and $150 for the five courses plus wine pairings, plus tax and gratuity. The reception starts at 6:30 p.m. and the dinner starts at 7 p.m. Reservations can be made by calling (843) 768-6253. Ten percent of the proceeds will go to support the South Carolina Aquarium's Sustainable Seafood Initiative.