Image by Provided
On October 1st, the Slim Down the South Celebrity Softball Challenge will transform the Joe Riley Stadium into a 'Field of Dreams.' A softball game between celebrity teams will be taking place to raise awareness and funds for Louie's Kids and Run Buddies to combat childhood obesity in the areas hardest hit by this epidemic.
Coach Darius Rucker of Team Piggly Wiggly and Coach Bill Murray of Team Wells Fargo will be coaching a slew of celebrity athletes including:
- Miss SC Bree Boyce & Miss Teen SC Caitlen Patton
- Mark Bryan, Hootie and the Blowfish
- Actors Brian McNamara, Wendy Davis, Terry Serpico & Richard Bryant of Army Wives
- The Modern Gypsies, Winners of ABC's Expedition Impossible
- Bernie Salazar, Heba Salama & Ed Brantley of The Biggest Loser
- Chef Ariane Duarte of Top Chef
- Emmy-Nominated TV Host & Cookbook Author Chef Marvin Woods
- Basketball Analyst Debbie Antonelli
- Chef Bob Waggoner of 'U Cook with Chef Bob'
- WCBD News 2 TV Anchor Carolyn Murray
- WCSC Live 5 News TV Anchor Rafael James
- WCIV News 4 TV Anchor Dean Stephens
- WCIV News 4 Weatherman & Host Dave Williams
- WEZL Radio Host TJ Phillips
- Y102.5 Radio Host Brian Cleary
There will be a dedicated kid’s area during the game, funny antics during and between innings and an entertaining game of softball to complete the day.
Tickets to the game are on sale now. General admission tickets are $12 a pop and box seats are $25 each. If you purchase tickets by September 19th, you'll be entered to win a spot in the dugout for 2 innings!
For additional information on the game and how you can help fight childhood obesity in the South; click here.